The 2022 version of SpendMap includes a dozen new features, in addition to various minor fixes and performance improvements.
If you have any questions, feel free to use our free Support Ticket System.
The update utility will bring forward all your data, history, settings, etc., so you will not lose any of your work in SpendMap.
However, the steps below will update one system at a time only. If you are using more than one system (e.g. the Evaluation, Live and/or Testing copies of SpendMap), you will need to run through these steps multiple times, once for each system that you would like to update.
Before you Begin
- Ensure that all users are logged out of SpendMap.
TIP: To see who is logged in, use PURCHASING > Utility > View Active Users.
- Make a FULL backup of your SpendMap system. For details, please see “Backup and Restore Procedures” in the Getting Started Documentation that came with your free software.
TIP: Always backup before installing upgrades (to any software). If something goes wrong during the upgrade process (e.g. power failure, loss of network connection, etc.), you may need to restore and start again.
- Ensure that your Windows and SpendMap user accounts have the required access/rights to complete the upgrade…
- You will need Administrator privileges in Windows to complete the installation.
- You will need to log into SpendMap with a user account that is a System Administrator (per the checkbox at the top of the [Permissions] Tab, in the User Master File in SpendMap).
- Your Windows user account must have FULL access to the folder where SpendMap is installed (this should already be the case if you already use the software). Your rights should include Add, Read, Change, Delete (or equivalents). If you’re not sure which folder SpendMap is installed in, please see #7 “Shared file location”, in Help > System Information.
TIP: While it’s totally optional, you may want to start by upgrading your Evaluation copy of SpendMap, rather than starting with your Live copy. You can review the new features in your Evaluation copy before applying the update to your Live environment.
- RIGHT-mouse click on the shortcut/icon that you use to run SpendMap, and select the menu to “Run as Administrator”, then log into the system until you get to the Main Menu.
- From the Main Menu of SpendMap, select the menu HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES, and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: Once the update process begins, various pop-up windows will be displayed briefly as files are extracted – this is normal. Do not close any of these windows – they will close automatically when complete.
- After the upgrade procedure is complete, you will be notified that SpendMap must be run to complete the upgrade process. When you close the message, SpendMap will restart automatically (it might take a few seconds). Login as usual and SpendMap will complete the upgrade.
- To apply any minor patches that may have been posted since the full version upgrade was created, select the menu UTILITY > SYSTEM MANAGEMENT > CHECK FOR UPDATES in SpendMap.
NOTE: The menu HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES was moved to UTILITY > SYSTEM MANAGEMENT > CHECK FOR UPDATES in this new version of SpendMap.
NOTE FOR NETWORK/SERVER INSTALLATIONS: If your SpendMap system is installed on a network server, you only need to run the update once, either on one of the workstations or directly on the server (which will be faster). All other workstations will be updated automatically when they run SpendMap the first time after the upgrade, at which time SpendMap will pull the new system files down from the server to the individual workstations.
We hope you enjoy using the new version of SpendMap!
Please tell your friends and colleagues about our Free Purchase Order Software. Thanks!
The Free-Procurement Project team
Totally FREE software that automates Purchase Orders and a whole lot more